Sometimes in marriage we like to do our own thing and do it our way. Right? But God’s design of marriage is set up with a structure and a way to do things in a proper way.
When it comes to finances, (this is always a big topic in any marriage) one is usually a spender and one is usually a saver. I believe God gives us balance in our life. This is one of the ways He helps us out, by giving us a spouse with a different perspective than ours. Remember your husband is the head of your home and God is the ultimate authority when it comes to decision making.
Remember that God owns everything. We own nothing; everything we have is because God is allowing us to be stewards of it.
Here are a few things to consider when making financial decisions:
• Am I giving faithfully my tithes & offerings?
• Does it fit in your budget?
• Did you pray about it together?
• Is it something that both you and your spouse are in agreement?
• Is this something that is needed or is it a “want”?
• Wait a few days and see if God changes your desires; or see if God will provide it for you.
• Are we being content with the things we already have?
• Ask God for wisdom and guidance
Being in harmony is the ultimate goal when making decisions. Remember some things aren’t worth fighting over. In some cases that means being submissive to our husbands and their leading. Trusting that God has placed him over you and trusting in his leading.
We want to honor God in our entire decision making and that starts by making God a part of the whole decision process from the beginning.
Psalms 37:5 “Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.”
Proverbs 3:5 “Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.”