Recently we moved our girls room downstairs (got rid of our school room-moved it to another room) and we were looking to decorate the walls in their “new” room. Since both of my older daughters LOVE pictures we decided to make this Picture Board to add color to their room, plus a way for them to display important pictures to them. This is also great for holding reminder appointment cards, verses, or even prayer requests!!
Want to try and make an EASY project for your kitchen wall, maybe a kid’s bedroom, or even a great gift? Here is a quick and simple way to make your own Picture Board.
Here are the things you will need:
- cork board (I purchased mine from Walmart)
- duck tape
- left over material (I purchased from Walmart from a left over roll)
- hot glue
- decorations (buttons, gems, or any other simple decor)
- string/ribbon ( I used twine for this particular board)
- white foam board (not photoed but I pick up one from the dollar store)
Next here is how you assemble your picture board:
- First you lay out the cork board in the size you would like your board to be. (this one I just put together the 4 squares that came in the package from Walmart)
- Second you the cork board together with duct tape. Make sure you reinforce it well from all angles.
- Next I put the white board on top and hot glued them together. (this step is not photographed) You may have to cut the foam board to size. I felt like this gave it MORE sturdiness.
- Then I wrapped the material around the cork board pulling tight to secure with staples. (you may want to iron your material first too before you staple it)
- After you completely wrap each sides and pull them tight….staple to keep in place. Make sure it’s nice and snug.
- Then you are ready to put on the ribbon or twine of your choice. You will criss cross them like I did here and then hot glue on your buttons, gems or other decorations that make your decor.
And there you have it! Simple and easy and very pretty for any room of the house you want to display pictures or reminders. I did this project (along with my daughter and mom) in just about an hour!
Want to try an easy project this week? Make a gift for someone special?
Why not “PIN IT”…….