I’ve been home schooling now for 8 years! (I also taught for a number of years at a Christian School) Each year of schooling I have found ways that help with being organized.
There is nothing like having a plan or routine. When things are planned out and organized it makes your day so much more productive and effective! Trust me!! There are many tools that can help with this and ONE of them I’m giving away! Click here to see the planner up close. (be sure to enter to win one below)
Here are some ways that have helped me tremendously:
- De-clutter and purge. I don’t know about you, but it’s impossible to think straight let alone be organized when you have so much stuff around! It literally drives me crazy when we are starting our school day out and just everything is out of place or mountains of piles all around. This summer I went and did a deep cleaning and purging of the shelves, drawers, and piles that have been neglected. This gives you a great canvas to start off your school year on the right foot.
- Get a system that works. Anyone that has home schooled for awhile knows that you learned to change and adapt as the years go along. What worked one year may not work another and sometimes you just need a whole new system to help keep things organized and flowing better. This year I’m going to incorporated the work box system. I found this drawer system on sale! ( 2 for 1 at that) So for my younger children, they’ll be using these and I’m super excited about it! I’ll keep you posted on how it works for us on a later post.
- Plan a head. This is key! Buying your curriculum ahead of time saves big money too! When you have a your books a head of time then it’s much easier to schedule out your lessons plans…..which leads me to this awesome The Well Planned Day by HEDUA – Home Educating Family. (I’ll get into more details of the planner next) We are excited to try this home schooling planner this year and to keep our school year flowing smoothly. Lesson plans can be as simple as you want but having a plan in place helps keep your school days organized. When you don’t plan your days out, things become chaotic and unproductive. So plan, plan, plan!
Now to get to some of the details of this Well Planned Day planner. Here are some great features that I just love:
- It’s pretty! Okay….that might sound silly but I like to have nice colorful things. It makes you feel more polished.
- It’s complete. This planner honestly has everything in it! From monthly calendars, to daily routines to even a place for your shopping list! How awesome is that!?
- It’s helpful. This planner has lots of encouraging messages through out as well. From tips to routines, it really gives you great guidance as your plan out your year of school.
Organizing your home school and managing your home are made easy with the Well Planned Day Family Home school Planner–the #1 best-selling planner! The encouraging articles, beautiful design, and intuitive layout will help you make the most of your time so you can focus on the things that matter most.
The planner offers helpful home management sections such as an address book, a greeting card registry for birthdays and anniversaries, a one-year Bible reading plan, tear-out shopping lists, weekly priorities, dinner planning, and a special holiday gift organization section . . . plus so much more!
NOW….here’s your chance to win this awesome planner!
Just click the link below and enter! Contest ends August 30, 2015